Dr Qamar is a fellow with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons and American Board of Internal Medicine certified physician. She finished her internal medicine residency at the University of Alberta after completing her education at Baqai Medical University in Pakistan. She has completed a Diploma in Quality Improvement and has successfully led several QI projects at Abbotsford Regional Hospital. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her kids, travelling and shopping for shoes.
- Convene and chair all meetings of the general Medical Staff
- Voting member of all committees of the Medical Staff of ARHCC
- Receive information as deemed appropriate from the HAMAC, regional programs, the Board, the CEO, FHA or site senior management, the Program Medical Directors, the Regional Department Heads or others and disseminate this information to the Medical Staff and local community physicians
- Communicate all recommendations and matters of concern from the Medical Staff to the Program Medical Directors, the Regional Department Heads and/or the VP Medicine, HAMAC, the Presidents’ Council (established under Article 7.8) and the FHA senior management as appropriate
- Attend the Presidents’ Council
- Represent the collective interests of Members
- In the case of disciplinary action taken with respect to an individual member, inform that member of their rights under the FHA Bylaws.
- The PES President presides at all meetings of the Society and of the Directors.
Dr. Grewal grew up in the city of Surrey and attended UBC where he completed his Bachelor of Science Degree. He then went on to attended Medical University of Americas and further his Pediatric training in Chicago and residency at the Medical University of Mississippi. That was followed by a 2-year fellowship in Nephrology at BCCH. After completing his board certification, he had the privileges of being a Consultant Pediatrician at Peace Arch Hospital and Langley Memorial Hospital. He has had the honor of working with families in Delta and Surrey at Advanced Family Medicine and Sullivan Medical Clinic. At PAH he was a part of the initial PES start up and involved in its initial development. He has now transitioned over to a full-time position at ARH as a Consultant Pediatrician where he has joined Dr. Akash Sinha in the opening of their new multidisciplinary clinic, Mahogany Medical. He is thrilled to join PES at ARH and is excited with the forth coming projects/initiatives.
Vice President’s Role
- In the absence of the President or inability of the President to perform the duties of that office, the Vice President shall assume all the duties and authorities of the President.
- The PES Vice President must carry out the duties of the President during the President’s absence.
Clinical Associate Professor at UBC and Radiation Oncologist at BC Cancer Abbotsford – working at ARHCC for the past 7 years.
Dr. Bahl is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons and completed his clinical fellowship in radiation oncology at the University of Toronto after obtaining his medical degrees from the University of Mumbai and Nagour University. In 2017 he completed the Physician Leadership Program in Health/Health Care Administration/Management at the UBC Sauder School of Business.
- ensuring the issuance of notices of meetings of the Society and Directors;
- ensuring there are minutes of all meetings of the Society and Directors;
- ensuring the custody of all records and documents of the Society; and
- ensuring the maintenance of the register of members.
- ensuring the maintenance of the financial records, including books of account, necessary to comply with the Society Act and Income Tax Act, as applicable; and
- ensuring financial statements are rendered to the Directors, members and others when required.
Master of Business Administration, HR Specialty Stream, Royal Roads University; Human Resources Management, BCIT; Business Information Management, Trend College.
A seasoned business manager with a demonstrated history of working in collaborative teams in both the public and private sectors. Skilled in personnel management, full cycle recruitment, financial management, onboarding, collective bargaining, performance management, scheduling, communications and conflict resolution. Strong administrative professional who has acquired his MBA, HR Specialty Stream from Royal Roads University and HR certification from British Columbia Institute of Technology.
- Coordination and scheduling of Society meetings, and meetings between the Society (or representatives of the Society) and the Health Authority;
- Maintenance of records for meetings and decisions of the Society and of directors;
- Tracking and preparation of reports on the major areas of activity and project progress in regard to physician engagement;
- Attendance at Society meetings, meetings with Health Authority Representatives and Fraser Health Medical Staff events;
- Communications with and amongst the Society members, directors and others, as required to follow up on action items and develop strategies to address issues;
- Coordination of submitted projects/initiatives and analysing data, researching and advising on complex issues;
- Maintenance of records for financial reporting analysis, as required; and
- Preparation of summary and reconciliation of all monthly transactions against bank and submitted billings for sessional payments and operational costs.
Christine is with the BC Cancer Agency at ARHCC and is executive secretary to Regional Medical Director, Clinical Services Manager and Manager Regional Centre Services
Christine’s Administration Role
- Provide administrative support for PES
- Plan and organize Social Events
- Plan and organize spring PES AGM and fall PES meeting inn conjunction with respective MSA meetings
- Supports the PES Working Group
- Support financial logistics for funded projects